Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Our Broken World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awakening!

I forgot my password

Poll

How do you like this site?
The Plains I_vote_lcap27%The Plains I_vote_rcap 27% [ 7 ]
The Plains I_vote_lcap54%The Plains I_vote_rcap 54% [ 14 ]
The Plains I_vote_lcap4%The Plains I_vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
The Plains I_vote_lcap15%The Plains I_vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
The Plains I_vote_lcap0%The Plains I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Plains I_vote_lcap0%The Plains I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Latest topics

» Ruins of the City
The Plains I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 7:45 pm by Sylvia

» The Mountains
The Plains I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 am by Shadow Of Hope

» I'satta A'k'ima Kpangbah, the wild one!
The Plains I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 am by Sylvia

» Soul-The lone one
The Plains I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 am by Soul

Affiliates

4 posters

The Plains

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

The Plains Empty The Plains

Post by Sylvia Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 pm

A large stretch of flat and slightly hilly grass. Its similar to the Desert but not nearly as hot and with a lot less sand.

The Plains %DEingvellir-view-over-plains
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

The Plains Empty Re: The Plains

Post by thebunnyfromhell Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:16 pm

I sat down exhausted from my long hike along the seemingly endless backroad to nowhere. Resting under a bridge, I absorbed the shade soothing my body. Sitting down I worried, even though i was antisocial, it concerned me that so many people and animals where gone. the only food i had left was a bag of dried fish and a loaf of stale bread.

After i ate a mouthful of crunchy bread i continued down the street till i found an old decrept farm house, void of any signs of recent life. Seeing that night was approaching, i entered the house, hoping to catch some rest. Inside i went up to a long since unslept bed.

Even though i wasn't human, any comfort would still be appreciated.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 pm

I woke early in the morning, then time was unknown, the battery in the clock on the bed stand had long since died. I stared out the dusty window at the rising sun.

I half expected a rooster to crow. However I had known better. I would have been surprised to see anything alive. The crops in the field had long since died away. the trees were scorched dry from the beating sun.

I walked down the creaking steps to the bottom floor of the house hoping to maybe find something I could use on my hike.

The fridge was fouled with bad food, and the cabinets were empty. However with my fortune I found a pantry that still had about a dozen cans of human food. Placing my pack on the counter I noticed in the sink a broken pot with clean soil a pair of bean plants were growing. A steady drip of water dribbled from the sink.

Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 am

Leaving the cluster of broken houses behind, all Coax could do was try to find her way to the Fox and Sylvia. The only problem was she had no idea where that was, exactly. The Fox had mentioned something about a camp in the hillside, sure, but getting there was the problem. So, back-pack in place, Coax ventured into the plains, lacking any better ideas.
    Eventually she came upon a house, a sad, abondoned looking thing, but shelter non the less. Without a second thought she walked through the door, searching for a bed or a couch to rest on when she caught the scent of another canine, a growl rumbling up from her throat at the thought of a potential hostile creature. Now, I never said she wasen't a hypocrite.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:15 pm

I paused and sniffed the air smelling an unfamiliar scent. I didn't know who it was but it was alive. Fear scent?....Yes. I quickly found a box of baking soda. a technique I had learned long ago. I powdered my fur, covering my scent. Cleaning the powder quickly I covered myself with a towel so I wouldn't track the powder and I dashed lightly in my animal form into the basement and hid under a dusty moldy sofa. both the mold scent and the powder on my fur would hide my scent almost indefinitely.

I wasn't scared, I just didn't want my presence known. I was in a way glad that the world was so dead.

Silent I waited for whoever it was the enter the building.

Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:39 pm

The canine didn't dare move for a moment. She just stood there, drawing in the faint scent until it was... gone. Just gone- snuffed out, replaced with something more familiar but so mild she couldn't quite put her finger on. "Maybe I'm just imagining things..." Coax said quietly to herself, cautiously moving from her spot in the doorway into a hall, which took her to a kitchen. All I want is somewhere to rest. She thought, backing out. Coax continued to explore the building, searching for a bedroom or couch or something. It didn't take very long to find one, but she made sure to peer into each room, checking for other inhabitants. She checked the basement last, having to spend a little more time scanning the room because she couldn't scent anything over the strong, musty smell. But she turned and left it with a small shrug, not finding anything more noteworthy than what was in the other rooms. It wasn't far from there that the bedroom she'd picked out earlier rested, and Coax made short work of backtracking to the bed itself, plopping down on it after shrugging her pack onto the floor. She retrived the stuffed dog from the main pouch, laid down, and was out like a light the moment her head touched the pillow.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am

I sighed heavily as I noticed her move away. Glad she didn't see me. A female of canine variety. As I heard her sit on a bed in the room above me, I tip-toed out of my hiding spot. I cracked open the cellar door and as I did I noticed my pack was missing. I had left it in the kitchen.

I panicked silently. But gathered myself together. I left the door open but propped the door. Quickly and quietly I tiptoed up the steps and turned towards the kitchen. As I was almost at the counter I heard the cellar door slam shut. obviously I didn't prop it enough.

I dashed to the counter and grabbed the pack then hid in the cabinet hoping she didn't wake up.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:01 pm

She wasen't asleep for long, for at the sound of the slamming door she shot up, wondering where she was for a second before it all came back. The noise was the only confirmation she needed, as it convinced her that her senses haden't been deceiving. And more importantly; she wasn't alone.
    Quickly, she fumbled for the knife in her pocket, forgetting the gun, and flipped it out, swinging her legs over the edge if the bed. She stood and paced out of the room, not knowing which way to turn or where to look. She strode down the hallway, stopping at the bottom of the stairs, eyes wide and searching. "I know you're here!" She shouted, meaning only for the other being to hear her, and hopefully listen. "I'm not looking for a fight unless you are. Please, come out."
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:55 am

I stayed quiet as the doors slammed again. Was i busted. Should i kill her or should i make a run for it.

I cocked the pistol in my hand ready to shoot if i had to. With the silencer i peeked through a hole in the cabinet and saw her. She didn't seem dangerous but still i preferred to be alone. I didn't trust anyone.

"Go back upstairs or you're dead." i said still hiding.

I was ready to pounce on her if she didn't obey what i directed.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:44 am

Coax's head swivled around to the source of the voice, and her ears would have flattened against her head had they not been floppy. She could barely see the other anthro, but she could tell he was a mammal and male, and that he had a gun- which, truth be told, was all that really mattered at the moment. "I said I wasen't looking for a fight." She said angerly, pushing back her fears but raising her hands up in a form of submission. But she didn't move- not yet. Why would he want her back upstairs? Why not just tell her to leave and not come back?
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:55 am

I turned on my flashlight and studied her.

She didn't look like much of a threat, but I didn't trust my instincts to well due to experience.

I put the gun down. "that's what they all say"

"did he send you you'll me. Are tag another one of his pawns?"

I kept the light trained on her eyes blinding her,momentarily.

I aimed the gun at her again more steady now I had a better view
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Coax stood there, looking increasingly annoyed, her fore-arms up and bent at the elbow like a football goal. The position only made her more angry- she couldn't stand being the one without the upper hand, but that was how the cards fell. She listened too him, snorting at the ridiculousness of the situation. "Dramatic words for dramatic times, eh? And I've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Who's 'he?'"
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 pm

I paused hesitating, at least she wasn't so much my enemy, just neutral. I lowered the gun. Even if she tried something I would kill her with out blinking.

"Ok I believe you...sorta, as for who 'he' is, if you don't know him its good enough for me. My apologies, I haven't seen anyone in so long didn't know if you were enemy or what." I calmed down. "Just don't try anything."

"You can go back to sleep or whatever you were doing upstairs" I said as i retrieved a glass of water from the faucet and started drinking, soothing my throat from almost a week without water.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Her arms lowered as soon as the barrel of the pistol was pointed away from her, but she made no move to head back upstairs. "I'm not so sure I want to sleep after that. I've got people to find, anyway. I'll just get my stuff and go.."
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:32 pm

"Don't worry I was planning on leaving this place anyway." I said as I scooped the plant from its nestle in the sink and put it in a mason jar.
    "Do whatever you want, I don't care." I said as I poked a hole in the jar top with my knife and I put the jar in my pouch carefully.

I pulled out my picklock and I opened the door and walked out. "Ill be leaving now."

I walked down the path towards a old truck parked in the driveway, with keys in my hand.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:52 pm

I stopped as her words echoed in my head. "Ive got people to find....." I shook my head. Muttering to myself. "Don't get involved."

I opened up the door to the human vehicle and sat in the seat. Throwing my bag in the back seat. In the bed of the truck was a half dozen empty barrels, I grabbed a hose from the barn and filled the barrels with still clean and nourishing water.

I looked at the late night moon still as recognizable as ever. Carefully I placed the plant I had rescued into a cushioned pile of rags and towels so it would be safe from damage.

I hesitantly put the key in the ignition and half expected the engine not to turn. But it roared with life.

"Ill probably regret this." I said to myself.

I cut off the engine and walked back to the house. "So where are ya headed?"
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Coax had stayed long enough to watch him make his way to the car before she turned and walked up the steps to the bed room, wondering why he was so... That. Untrusting, weary, suspicious. As she picked up the stuffed dog, stared at it a moment, and shoved it into her bag. Carefully, she re-made the bed, hunger beginning to naw at her stomach. She had food in her bag, but now wasn't the time to get it out. There was probably food in the pantry downstairs. Swinging her bag over her shoulder after she finished the bed, Coax made her way down the steps and into the kitchen. She'd barely opened the pantry door when the other anthro came back in, asking the question. "Umm.." Should she give away the location of the Foxes camp? Sure, she didn't know the exact location, but even a generalization might give away a little too much. But what could one lone wolf do to a camp with as many anthropomorphics as that? They had guns, too. "To a friends camp. Well, a friends frenemys camp. He told me to meet them there if I needed a place to stay."
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

I hesitated. I saw the little doll type toy. I pulled a stuffed bear from my own pocket that had once belonged to my child. But long gone it was all I had left to remember him.

"I don't know where your headed, but im heading north. If you wish you can ride in the truck with me." I hesitated but they were honest words.

I may be shy, but we all got to work together in this world.

I don't know who this 'frenimy' is but at least maybe the ride could save ya some time and energy.

Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:42 am

"Are you sure..?" Coax asked, skeptically. She didn't trust this wolf, but his words sounded true. Why could he gain from her, anyway? All the supplies she had could be gotten here, at the house, despite the gun and plush dog. And it seemed like he already had those things. She looked at the suffed animal he'd pulled from his pocket, wanting to ask where he'd gotten it but not knowing how. It looked like a child's toy. "The place I'm going is up north. In the mountains." She said, her voice hesitant but strong. "But what can I offer you for the help? I don't want to trouble you"
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:41 am

"Don't worry I don't want anything in return."i said "I know you're skeptical, but these last few years have been a pointless use of my life. at least if I help someone at least ill have purpose. Ive had no motivation to live on, but at least helping someone will give me purpose." I said as I pushed back the pain of my loss. "So are you up to traveling. I don't have much to offer you, but whatever I have is yours to use. "
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 pm

"That's good enough for me." Coax said after a moment, grabbing a can of pineapple chunks from the pantry before closing the door and going to stand in front of him. She wasn't the trusting type, but most of the bad people she'd met wouldn't have been able to think up something as genuine sounding as that. They'ed go more for the fake smiles and charm. "If you can take me to the mountains, I'm sure I can find where I need to go from there. I'll do all I can to help along the way."
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:13 am

"Ok just let me know when you are ready. I got the truck loaded and im ready when ever you are."

I walked back to the truck sat in the drivers seat while waiting for her to come to the truck.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 am

Coax followed a few feet behind, having everything she owned already with her, in her backpack. "How much fuel is in this thing?"
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30 am

I pointed to a pair of fuel cans I had loaded in the bed. "Should be enough to get at least to the next town."

I opened the passenger door and ushered her a seat.

"We should have plenty of fuel in here. But if not I can always find some other vehicle or could walk. Cant say my feet have grown tired, theyre practically immune to exhaustion."
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Coax took the seat, pulling her back pack off the set in her lap as she st, reassured. "Fair enough." She said, stretching out her own tired feet. "You're one of the lucky ones. I've hoped over more ruble and obistacals in a week than I have in my whole life, and it's certainly catching up to me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:34 am