Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Our Broken World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awakening!

I forgot my password

Poll

How do you like this site?
Ruins  of the City I_vote_lcap27%Ruins  of the City I_vote_rcap 27% [ 7 ]
Ruins  of the City I_vote_lcap54%Ruins  of the City I_vote_rcap 54% [ 14 ]
Ruins  of the City I_vote_lcap4%Ruins  of the City I_vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Ruins  of the City I_vote_lcap15%Ruins  of the City I_vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
Ruins  of the City I_vote_lcap0%Ruins  of the City I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Ruins  of the City I_vote_lcap0%Ruins  of the City I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Latest topics

» Ruins of the City
Ruins  of the City I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 7:45 pm by Sylvia

» The Mountains
Ruins  of the City I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 am by Shadow Of Hope

» I'satta A'k'ima Kpangbah, the wild one!
Ruins  of the City I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 am by Sylvia

» Soul-The lone one
Ruins  of the City I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 am by Soul

Affiliates

+3
Coax
Jack is Awesome
Sylvia
7 posters

Ruins of the City

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Ruins  of the City Empty Ruins of the City

Post by Sylvia Fri May 31, 2013 11:17 pm

This is mostly all that is left of the city. Ruins of concrete, brick, wood and steel lay about in a scattering of rubble. Some anthros and humans are buried or trapped here, some alive, most dead.It's our duty to find the survivors.

Ruins  of the City City_of_ruins_by_freelancerart-d2z7ck5

Last edited by Sylvia on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Ruins  of the City Empty Re: Ruins of the City

Post by Sylvia Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 am

I looked among the ruins that lay around. There was no sign of life. I sighed inwardly dreading the worst. I lowered myself back down onto my paw like hands and continued through the rubble of the once beautiful human city. I side stepped a sprinkling of shattered glass. I did not want to cut up my paws, then I would be no help to anyone. I crawled over a large piece of concrete, steel supports lay twisted at either end. My claws clicking on it echoed loudly in the silence. Dust filled the air making it difficult to breathe or see. I had to be careful. I reached the edge of the concrete and looked down at the city's remains, a fading skeleton of what it once used to be. I closed my eyes and howled deep within my chest, calling out to any survivors. Human or Anthro it I'd not matter. Would anyone answer my call? I prayed that someone would...
    Jack is Awesome
    Jack is Awesome
    Newblood

Post by Jack is Awesome Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm

The large frost dragoness stood from where she was sitting and drew in a deep breathe of air. She exhaled a long breathe and smiled, her breathe snowy and visible, meaning it was cooling her. She walked a ways and paused, thinking for a moment. She thought for a few seconds before a loud howl filled her ears up. She was starled at this and looked around for a few moments, curious as to what creature had caused this sound. She flapped her wings a bit, a few whooshes of air surrounding her as snowflakes fell from them. She began to rise a few feet, her wings helping her. However, it was too hot to do much more than hover from where she was standing. She looked around and saw another figure, beginning to walk that way she was curious. Gripping peices of rubble to get a good grip to step over them and find the other creature around the area.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

I waited patiently for an answer to my call. The shadows grew the longer I waited.  There seemed like no one was alive to answer my call. I shivered inwardly. I didn't want to be alone in this world, this wasn't my world.  In my world the trees  and ground were lush and the rubble I now walk upon was a gallant city filled with glass, cement and beauty. Not this place. I shook my head as if trying to get rid of a bad dream. How I wished it was a dream, but it wasn't. This was real.  I crawled wearily off of my large hunk of concrete and walked among the remains of the land I once knew. My fur ruffled in a chill. Why was  I cold? Winter was far away.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm

"Ow.." I opened my eyes and instantly pain erupted in my head. Well, really, it was all over. I think my right arm bore the worst of it, though I wasn't exactly thinking right then. An air of depression swept over me- it was like waking up right in the middle of a bad dream. Only this time, sleep had been the merciful one. I mean, I was waking up right into the middle of a nightmare. The kind where you lacked the strength to run away and the sound of mind to find a way out. I forced myself onto my side, head pounding. Rocks and dust lay beside me, and an alarming pool of dried crimson. It matted in the fur of my arm, the one that sat limp and lifeless on the ground. Groaning, I refused to look at it. I couldn't stand to see myself wounded, with others I was usually fine. Rushing to help, bandaging, cleaning, whatever to get it under control. I guess it was the fact no one was there to help me at a time like this. But, what was this 'time?'

[[ I guess I'm waking up under the rubble of my previous 'home.' My dad may end up being dead, though I may make him later instead... It would be so weird to rp him. x3 ]]
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:21 pm

I tried to shake off the chill I felt but it lingered around me like a cloud. I decided to ignore it and dropped down onto all four paws. I trotted swiftly between the large masses of rubble and the large shattered remains of glass towers and windows. I turned down what used to be an alley way, my claws clicking loudly on the concrete steps. They were the only sound I heard, no birds, no animals, and no people. I sighed to myself as an overwhelming sense of loneliness and abandonment entered my thoughts. I slowed to a walk as I thought of the reality brought to me. I was completely alone...again. A glimpse of light caught my attention and I stopped. To my side was a large broken piece of looking glass, propped up on a piece of steel support. I stepped towards it warily, on the look out for and harp shards of glass. I reached the mirror and stood on my hind paws. It's a wonder it didn't break, I thought. I lightly pressed one of my forepaws against it as I looked at the reflection. A tall gold wolf stared back at me, a vacant expression in its eyes. I looked at myself for a long time. I almost didn't recognize myself, but then u didnt recognize the world behind me now either. A thought came to me, try again, a small voice in my head whispered. I took a long deep breath and howl long and hard enough my lungs ached. I was desperate now and my howl turned it quickly into a high pitched shriek. Finally I could howl no longer and ended my call. I took gasping breaths of air and looked at the glass. My scream had created hundreds of spider cracks along its surface, so it now looked like I was caught in a large net. I stayed there for a long time as I waited for a reply if there was ever going to be one.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Another groan escaped her maw before being cut short. A howl sounded out, resinating in the deathly silence. It seemed to give Coax the streangth and motive to stand, filling her head with optimism. Attracting out her sore limbs, she closed her eyes and brought her legs up beneath her slowly, managing to right herself shakily. Though still refusing to look at her arm, she kinda wished she'd kept her eyes closed. The scence surrounding her was heart wrenching. This place- assumably her home, was nearly leveled. Ruble lay everywhere, a glacé to the side said she had been underneath the balcony whenever this happened. At least, it looked like the balcony. Without thinking, a pathetic howl squeezed itself from her lungs, decreasing to a whine. What... "..Dad?"
    Jack is Awesome
    Jack is Awesome
    Newblood

Post by Jack is Awesome Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 am

Jack paused, giving her frosty wings a flap, cooling her sweating body off as she did so. She heard another howl and paused, this time, knowing she had to fly, not wanting to from the ruins heat, but knowing she had no choice she began to lift off. Her scales dropping snowflakes as she began to move through the air. She looked down upon the ruins and began to upset. She noticed another creature there, but her mind was elsewhere, thinking about her home in the mountains, where most dragons lived during the time they thrived a long time ago. She remembered the cave she lived in, piles of treasure everywhere, and the spring it ways by.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:37 pm

I stood silently for a long time after I had finished. After a while I turned sadly away from the broken mirror, dropped down onto my fore legs and walked away. I walked slowly, my ears back wearily and my head and my tail hanging down so low they almost touched the ground. I was alone. I recognized that now. No one was going to answer my call. I slipped under a broken slab of concrete and curled myself into a ball. I laid my head on my paws and curled my tail around myself. I closed my eyes and tried o forget the world surrounding me. I didn't want to live alone here. I didn't want to be by myself. I was afraid too. I wanted someone with me, needed someone with me. I sighed, dust rising in a small cloud at the end of my snout. Then suddenly from far off I heard something. Well it sounded more like to things. The steady beat of wings I heard first, low and deep. My ears perked forward. Then a sharp high pitched howl soon followed. I jumped to my feet and raced out from under my shelter. I wasn't alone, some of us survived after all. Joy bubbled up inside me as I climbed to the top of the concrete again. I howled again, long and loud. I wanted them to know I heard. I scanned the sky at the same time looking for the large winged creature. I finished my call quickly, not bothering to hear a reply before I was racing over the rubble in their general direction. I was going to find them if it took me all day. But the only thought crossing in my mind was the fact that I was no longer alone.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:42 pm

As if in response, the call sounded once more, ringing out through the silent, decimated landscape. Coax lifted her head, hope fluttering in her stomach. But, it soon became apparent that it wasn't her father. Disapointed, her shoulders drooped once more, pain stabbing her lungs. Coax could feel the bruising in her chest, asuming she'd broken a rib or two. Though that call hadn't been her father, it was still someone, and broken ribs or no she would find them. Atempting another howl, it was still quite sorry sounding, but it was all she could muster. The shrill howl rose above the rubble before fading out, and it sounded a little like "Hello."
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 am

I ran hard, claiming over rubble and leaping over any glass or steel in my wake. My blood pounded in my ears, my paws raced over the ground. The creature howled again and I turned sharply in its direction, slipping my flack into a slab and knocking the breath out o me. Yet I still continued to run. I crawled up a massive slab of concrete and looked down over the side. I panted heavily, my eyes scanning carefully looking for anything alive or dead. She saw nothing, but the howl must surely have come from here. "Hello?" She called.
    Berrysoul
    Berrysoul
    Pup

Post by Berrysoul Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Berry looks around unsure of where she was. "Is this close to the town?" she giggles and smiles lightly "I think am in the wrong place.." she sighs and sits down in the grass. She lays down and looks at the sky. "This is nice even though I'm in the wrong place.."
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:03 am

I hear someone laughing as I make my way towards th first creature. Laughing? What was there to laugh about? I veered slightly off course and climbed up a concrete slab. My claws clicked on the hard surface and I perked my ears forward to find the source of sound. My tail raised dominantly when I came to the top of the concrete and looked down over the side. The anthro sitting beneath me in a small patch of grass was unlike most I have seen. She was feminine and feline. That much I could tell right off. She looked human but had a cats tail and ears. I crept down my perch slowly, I had no wish to spook a cat. "Who are you?" I asked quietly.
    Berrysoul
    Berrysoul
    Pup

Post by Berrysoul Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Berry blinks and looks at the new person. She smiles happily and giggles "Hi my names Berry its nice to meet you!" she turns around so she could face her. Her tail wags happily making her bells ring a happy tune that were tied to the ribbon on her tail.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:22 pm

I've got to get out of here. Coax thought, turning to survey a way through the rubble. Voices sounded not to far off, as if beckoning life towards them in this otherwise dead landscape. A hand over her broken ribs she steped over what looked like a splitered door, then a banister, and some battered boards... The list goes on. With every step the voices got louder, closer, and the pain more intense. Finally she reached a point where clambering over debris just wouldn't cut it. A concreat slab blocked her path, though she could see claw marks where apparently it hadn't blocked someone elses. There was just enough of an angle to it that she might be able to make it... Coax got down on all fours, well, really it was just three, and she started up, gripping with her claws as much as she could. The pain in her chest increased to the point of tears, but she held them in. It also made her realize that she probebly didn't have any tears to cry with, either. Water seemed like a distant memory. Coax was able to get to the top, just so her head and arms were over the edge, "I hope I'm not intruding on anything.."
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:19 pm

I cocked my head at this female. She was quite odd, not like the usual standards. Her bells tinkled softly in my ears. Bells? Ribbon? What was their use? This female confused me but she spoke politely and with an enthusiasm I unfortunately could not share. "My name is Sylvia." I said to her. I approached her cautiously and walked slowly around her in a wide circle. The more I looked at her the more she fascinated me. Her clothes were if a different sort, short, frilly and colorful. Whereas mine were long, regularly to big for me and of earthy colors. She had a light preppy step when she walked and had a delicate bone structure, a characteristic of the feline race. I stopped walking around her and sat firmly on my haunches. I heard a faint scratching to my left and snapped my ears and head in that direction. I saw the concrete slab I had climbed over and followed it up. Perched on top, half alive and wounded, was another anthro. I stood instantly and hurried up to her.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Coax smirked, watching the maned wolf. "Good. I hoped not." She said, bringing herself all the way to the top, swinging her legs over the side. The concreat wasn't exactly smooth, so it did hurt some, but the fur did a lot to sheild the sift skin beneath. She hooked her fingers over the edge to steady herself as she shifted her gaze to the other anthro. Using the term 'anthro' loosely, of course. She'd seen the candid before, several times, but this feline was new. She wondered if this cat/human even had a skin form. It would be quite easy to tuck the ears under a hat and stick the tail down a pant leg. Coax wanted to ask, but decided against it. There were more pressing matters to deal with. Pain stabbed through her chest as she shifted, making her suck in a breath and hold it for a moment. She disregarded it, but lost the ability to ignore it. That wouldn't stop her from trying. "So.. Names, anyone?"
    Berrysoul
    Berrysoul
    Pup

Post by Berrysoul Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Berry moves over to her quickly "Are you alright?" she blinks and thinks for a moment and smiles at the new person warmly. "My names Berry..." she giggles lightly and looks at the person then at Sylvia "Oh I almost forgot.. It's very nice to meet you Sylvia.." she smiles at her happily. She looks back at the hurt person worried.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 pm

i watched the newcomer wearily as I approached her. She was injured and because of that she could be aggressive. "My names Sylvia." I said softly. I watched suck in a sharp breath and hesitated before stepping any closer. I came level with her and stood upright. "You look like you could use some help Stranger." I said. I looked over her wounds then back at her face. I flicked my tail back and forth and cocked my ears slightly.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Coax immediately sensed the concern in the cat-chick's gaze and was immediately ticked. She couldn't stand to be pitied, especially by strangers.

"Are you alright?"

"What do you think?" She snapped, feeling like a jerk as she said it, but not really caring. Coax got down and dusted herself off. "Well then... Hello Berry," She greeted, nodding towards the feline, "and hello Sylvia." Coax said, doing the same.

"You look like you could use some help Stranger."

Coax shrugged, biting back another sharp remark. "I'll be fine." She muttered, hoping neither of them pressed. A small part of her mind whirred while the rest just plain hurt. It was thinking of a way out, what to do, and mainly; What next?

[[ Sorry about the short post, I'm cleaning my fish tank. ]]
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:01 pm

I nodded to the stranger. I lowered myself to the ground and backed away. This stranger didnt need help. Alright.she evidently as badly injured as I first thought. I turned around and crawled down the concrete toward Berry. I stood up and looked at the cat and said loudly enough for the dog to hear. "Would you like to come to my home? It's a short distance from here." I dropped back down and walked forward a bit before turning around again.
    Berrysoul
    Berrysoul
    Pup

Post by Berrysoul Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:15 am

Berry smiles happily, "Yes I would like too!" she giggles and stands up "That sounds like so much fun!" she hops down and heads after Sylvia. She purrs happily as her bells ring a happy tune. She looks at Coax and smiles warmly "You should come too.."
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:49 pm

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while.)

I nod at the cat and glance at the canine before turning back to the ground. I lower myself down and step forward toward the heart of the city. My claws clicked as I slowly made my way through the rubble. After a brief walk I came to my home. There was a partially standing building, with broken boarded up windows and chipping brick. I crept up the steps and opened the heavy door hanging crookedly off its hinges. "My home," I said softly. I slipped inside. The floor was hard dirt and there were several pieces of furniture that looked in good condition. In the corner was what looked like a fire pit, with a few pots near it. Yes this was my home. And I was quite happy with it. I stood upright and laid on the mostly there sofa. "Make yourself at home," I said eyeing the door.
    sevenfangs
    sevenfangs
    Hunter In Training

Post by sevenfangs Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I slowly came too, after the apartment building I had sheltered in all my life had collapsed as I was sleeping one night. I was unconscious for an untold period of time. But fortunately I was no more.

However I was still trapped under the rubble. limited air supply, starving, and gasping with thirst.

I struggled standing up a sore from stiffness and bodily weakness. As I stood up I brushed off my fur. Dust, grime, and debris tainted the beauty of my orange fur. and several of my claws were broken.

But I was still alive, barely but still...alive.

I Looked around to investigate my surroundings. and I found a hallway that had not collapsed yet. Along the wall, a steady trickle came from a broken water fountain, from which a desperately cupped water in my paws and shoveled into my mouth.

As I walked away he came to doorway going outside. The doors were still in the hinges.

I used what energy I had left to push the door down and I stumbled outside the sunlight burning my eyes. Being fox, even though I was diurnal it still burned but as I backed against the wall to shade myself. The wall collapsed on me leaving me buried under a pile of brick yet again. Knocking me unconscious.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Tugging at her shirt nervously, Coax debated weather or not to follow. It was a pretty quick debate. She waited a moment for the others to get a little ahead before she started after them, picking her way over rubble and bricks.
    A new scent wafted to her nose, almost dismissable, but not quite. It stunk, but in a different way from their surroundings. This stunk of life, like someone was in need of a bath. A little shuffling drew her attention just in time to see another anthro, canine, before the wall behind it gave and crumbled. A bad ending to a bad start. Figures. Coax thought, wondering weather to go help or assume the creature for dead. It was more out of a denial to accept the latter that she made up her mind. In seconds she had bounded over and around the debris with all four paws, the bad arm slowing her down, Coming to a somewhat clear road she righted herself and ran to the heap, clearing smaller chunks from the heap with her good arm. "Still breathing down there?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am