Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Our Broken World

Hi. Welcome to this site. I hope you have a nice stay here. The theme of this site is post apocalyptic, crops are gone, prey is dead and the once strong world we lived in is falling to pieces. The remaining anthros and humans that have survived must settle their differences and work together if they are to live in this ever-changing world. Thank you for coming to this site. Feel free to post in the guest book any questions or comments you have. Please join if interested. Role Play has started. Thank you.

Our Broken World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are awakening!

I forgot my password

Poll

How do you like this site?
The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_lcap27%The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 27% [ 7 ]
The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_lcap54%The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 54% [ 14 ]
The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 4 ]
The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Plains - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Latest topics

» Ruins of the City
The Plains - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 7:45 pm by Sylvia

» The Mountains
The Plains - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:51 am by Shadow Of Hope

» I'satta A'k'ima Kpangbah, the wild one!
The Plains - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:54 am by Sylvia

» Soul-The lone one
The Plains - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 am by Soul

Affiliates

4 posters

The Plains

Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

The Plains - Page 3 Empty The Plains

Post by Sylvia Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

A large stretch of flat and slightly hilly grass. Its similar to the Desert but not nearly as hot and with a lot less sand.

The Plains - Page 3 %DEingvellir-view-over-plains
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

The Plains - Page 3 Empty Re: The Plains

Post by thebunnyfromhell Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:34 pm

The explosion rang my ears like a bell. The quake of the earth shuddering under the explosion as one by one the gaspumps exploded. cratering the gas station. the was soon nothing left but ash and rubble. in the distance the hardly recognizable figure of a pair of helicopters leaving the area was visible.

I moaned as I rolled over, not realizing that I had a rather large piece of crooked metal embedded in my back. As I hit the ground the piece of metal burst threw my hip sticking threw like a failed shishcabob.(idk how to spell it lol.)

the heat emitted was intense, scorching my matted fur. Pain resounded throughout my body..
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:04 pm

I opened my eyes. My face was buried in a combination of dirt and fur. I moved slowly, making sure all five limbs were still accounted for. My head hurt a lot and the cut in my shoulder throbbed, but other than that and singed fur I came out ok. I was luckier than my companions. I crawled off them carefully and looked down at them from where I sat. Coax looked shot, in the leg and side, but she seemed more or less alright. The wolf was who concerned me. A piece of metal, rebar it looked like, was sticking out of him. Gone through his back to over his hip, he didn't look good. They had to be moved, they couldn't stay here. It was too dangerous. I looked at the trees I had run through. They would be safer there. Heat from the fire was starting to burn my fur. I saw the mist and blood come off me in a vapor cloud. I didn't have long before I would fry. I gripped the wolf's shoulders and looked at him. "I'm going to move you," I said over the roar of the blaze. "Keep still. This is going to hurt." I inched him away from the fire to the forest. "Coax," I called. "Hurry."
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Coax stood up as soon as she could after being pushed down into the ditch, her side and left leg pulsing with a sharp pain the grew worse by the second. What had just happened, she didn't really know. All she knew was fighting, machine guns, an injured wolf, pain and fire. Smoke rose high into the sky while the tongues of flame licked closer and closer to the trio, sindging pelts and threatening to do worse. She heard Sylvia's instructions and started to do as she'd said before she realized her gun wasn't in her hand anymore- it didn't take long to find it, thankfully, as she picked it up off the ground and shoved the hot metal into her back pack. Coax turned to leave when the wolf caught her eye. This happened because of you. She thought resentfully as she did her best to bound towards the woods, resulting to using all four paws. You've got a hell of a lot of explanating to do, wolf.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 pm

I knew I would have to explain more than I wanted to. I didn't want to share my secrets with anyone. As the 2 females were fleeing to the woods.

I weakly dashed towards the burning rubble finding a motorbike behind it. Still in working condition I hotwired the vehicle and as it sputtered I pulled out the bloody shard from my body. Using a piece of my shirt to cover the wound temporarily after burning the wound shut.

Little had they known I had injected a powerful pain killer in my leg when they weren't looking at me. So until it would wear off I will be sturdy.

I gunned the engine hoping they would not attempt to follow. "Im sorry but I cannot share an explanation to you for your own good." I said i launched the vehicle forward down the degrading road.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:50 pm

I whipped around at the sound of engine. A motorcycle!? That wolf! I turn around for just a second...coward. I snarled and raced after him. My long limbs carried me swiftly after the bike before it gained speed. Exhaust burned my face and filled my nose. I squinted forward, my focus on the red tail light. I bunched my muscles and flew upward. I snatched the wolfs shoulders in my claws and my momentum carried us farther. We filed off the bike and crashed onto the ground. The bike crashed a short distance away. I quickly got on top of the wolf and pinned him down. "You are not going anywhere," I snapped.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 pm

I expected the attempt to stop me. As she caught,me and I was flung off, I grabbed her around the,neck. I held her so that if she so much as gulped, her vein would be punctured.

"never try anything,like that again or else." I said as I clenched her throat tightly
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:29 pm

He gripped my neck roughly and I felt his claws on my throat. I couldn't move my head or he could kill me. I glared at him and raised my lip, showing him my teeth. I wasn't scared. One of my hands moved up and grabbed the rebar still in his side. I gave him a cruel grin as I slowly twisted it in his gut. I stopped and growled.
    Evergreen T.
    Evergreen T.
    Newblood

Post by Evergreen T. Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:21 pm

A loud yell was heard as a green figure fell from the sky. It landed with a small thud not too far from the duo. Mint green eyes slowly opened as the figure, now seen to be a mare, sat up and looked at herself. "Legs and arms: Okay. Hands and hooves: Okay." She went down the list of her body to be sure of her condition. The pegasus touched her snout and saw a crimson spot on her hand. A silent curse was muttered as her eyes scanned her surroundings. Upon spotting the two canines, two thoughts went through her head: 'Do something!' and 'Run away now before you're next!' She stared with wide eyes as she decided.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:03 pm

"Sylvia, just leave him!" Coax shouted after her companion, obviously either ignored or unheard. With a strained and exasperated sigh- rather,ore of a frustrated screech -she started after the wolf, going as fast as her bleeding leg would take her. Once she rounded the blazing gas station, though, and caught sight of the crashed motor cycle, both wolves caught in a deadly entanglement, and what looked to be a female Pegasus she'd never seen before in her life, her speed increased emmensly. She sprinted past the equine, nearly growling as she passed; "You'll get used to it." She hadn't had much time to assess the situation, but she knew enough to tell that the trio would be spending a lot more time with this newcomer. They always did.
    As fast as Coax could, the gun was snatched from her backpack pocket, cocked and aimed at Ian's head from where she stood, her stance solid and professional. She was a gun dog. This and hunting were what she was bred for, and few things felt as natural. "Both of you," she growled. "I don't know if you've noticed, but this isn't play time. Get up."
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:27 pm

blood gushed from 'Sylvias' throat.  I half expected her to be smarter than to persue. But I was wrong.
    "That wont work. Its been long since I felt true pain. "

"You should stay away from me if you know what's good for you. I didn't want to do this but..." I pulled the pistol from Sylvia's side and I shot her in the stomach, not a fatal wound but enough to leave her in serious condition.

I threw her to the side with ease. "Now as young as I appear ive been fighting with these anthros for longer than I wish to remember. Don't follow my steps, unless you wish to die. I have nothing against you, but I will hurt you if I have too." I said

I said as I pulled the piece of metal from my body and stabbed it into Sylvia's shoulder hoping to cause more pain.

"Now stay away."

I turned grabbed the motorcycle again knocking off the broken mirrors and started the engine.

"The more you come for me, the more you will lose. And unlike me you have a lot to loose."

As I drove I threw a pair of grenades at the 2 and the newcomer.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:46 pm

The fox got off me and I laid still on the ground. Blood dripped from my throat and my shoulder throbbed, I couldn't look at it. The metal clicked against my bone and I restrained the urge to yelp. A hot fire burned in my belly when I realized he shot me. Warm liquid spread over me, adding to the elks blood I was already covered with. I moved slowly, my eyes locked onto the wolf, never leaving him. From somewhere I had the strength to stagger to my feet. I stood unsteadily on three legs, a small pool of crimson collected at my feet. I took a ragged breath and remained standing. My tattered ears were pinned back and blood and spit dripped from my mouth. I spat on the ground and licked my lips. My throat burning I turned and clamped on the metal in my shoulder. I yanked it out and thrust it aside. I gasped at the heat running down my legs now. I glanced at Coax and a stranger. The stranger looked terrified. I didn't blame her. I didn't look alive. I turned slowly and painfully to the wolf. I stared fiercely into his eyes. "Then long live the dead," I growled.
    thebunnyfromhell
    Young Hunter

Post by thebunnyfromhell Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:10 pm

"If only we coulda met in another life time...." I muttered as I gunned the engine forward towards the south, where the coast was. I silently prayed that the 2 would not follow me.
    Evergreen T.
    Evergreen T.
    Newblood

Post by Evergreen T. Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 pm

((Note: I will be using  '  to represent thought.)

The mare watched in fear as the two shared their last words. She mentally reminded herself that someone had blood all over them and had just been shot and nervously took action. Panting harshly, she stood and rushed to the bloody wolf. "What happened?!" She asked with wide eyes and a shaky voice.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:52 pm

I watched the wolf go and remained standing. I sucked in a breath and my throat was on fire. A long howl escaped my mouth and I turned my nose upward. I howled until I ran out of breath. I looked towards Coax and the stranger. I took a feeble step towards my friend. A sudden weakness came over me, taking the strength from my limbs. I stumbled and fell onto the ground. I yelped and my body shook and quivered. Pain, white hot pain burned in my eyes. A calm darkness overcame me and I settled. I struggled to get up, to escape it. But it was stronger. It pulled me back down and my eyes closed, shutting out the world.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:02 pm

At the sound of the wolf's fired shot, Coax screamed, involentarilly pulling the trigger. Her aim had been knocked off-cilter by her scream, but it was close enough that she saw it hit the wolf somewhere along his torso. "A shot for a shot." She growled, swinging her bag down and shoving the gun in it's pocket, exchanging it for the small stock-pile of medical supplies she'd savenged from her house. Coax turned just in time to see her friend crumple to the ground, unconscious. "Not now!." She yelped, striding over to her Sylvia's body, shoving her bag into the arms of the pegasi in the process. She knelt by her side and popped the clasp on the box, removing a towel, tweasers, antibiotics and gauze. "Get down here and get ready to get bloody." She growled at the equine, tweasers in hand.
    Evergreen T.
    Evergreen T.
    Newblood

Post by Evergreen T. Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 pm

A squeak came from the mare when another gunshot rang out, hitting a different target this time. "A shot for a shot..?" She mumbled to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted when the wolf fell to the ground and loss consciousness. She grabbed the bag with a confused expression. "Y-yes ma'am." She stuttered and placed the bag on the ground beside her and quickly crouched beside the other dog.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:35 pm

I laid quiet for a while, my eyes closed. I heard Coax and the other anthro approach and my ear twitched weakly. My eye cracked open and I looked at them. I closed my eyes and moved my limbs slightly. I licked my lips. "I'm alright Coax," I said quietly.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 pm

"Take this cloth," Coax instructed, pulling the sterile padding from it's bag and handing it to the Pegisi. As soon as I remove the bullet place it over the wound and push down hard and firm, but not too too hard." She went through the motions quickly, searching the wound with her eyes until he located the exact center, having to push the flesh apart slightly until he could reach in and remove the projectile. Thankfully it wasn't very big, but it was in a bad place. Setting the tweezers and bullet aside the went to preparing a short amount of thread on a needle stitch the opening- it wasn't needed, really, but it would speed up the healing by a couple weeks. She smiled when she heard Sylvia talk, gladly reassured That she wasn't that bad off. "Has anyone ever told you that you're a terrible liar?"
    Evergreen T.
    Evergreen T.
    Newblood

Post by Evergreen T. Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 pm

The pegasus grabbed the cloth and nodded. "Okay." She shivered a bit from the sight of blood, but did her duty and firmly placed the cloth on the wound and pushed down hard when the bullet was removed. Her attention was drawn to the one that wasn't nearly dead preparing some thread, but shrugged it off since she knew almost nothing about things in this subject. Silence was the only thing that came from the mare as she kept pressure on the wound, not knowing what to say or how to say it.
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 pm

I was still while Coax worked on me. My throat had clotted and wasn't bleeding there anymore. My bad shoulder could use some work and needed a while to heal. But it should be more or less alright. The dog quickly took the bullet out of my stomach with tweezers and needle and I bit my lip to hold down a whine rising in my throat. I took a deep breath and sighed. A small cloud of dust rose in front of my nose. I listened to the two creatures walking around and twitched my ears. I looked ahead, my vision blurry at first but soon cleared. I blinked a few times then closed them again. Coax spoke to me. My maw cracked into a weak grin and my tongue slipped out of my mouth. "Has anyone told you your too honest for your own good?" I growled amusingly.
    Coax
    Coax
    Beginner Fisher

Post by Coax Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 pm

"They usually just go straight to punching me in the face." Coax replied, grinning. It was good to be joking again, after all that had happened. Once the needle and thread were prepared, she rummaged through the box of supplies and pulled out some an anisthetic wipe. "Alright, Pegisus, you can more that now, please." She said, ready to close the wound as soon as the towel was removed so it wouldn't have but seconds to dispel anymore blood. "By the way, what's your name?"
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Mon May 12, 2014 5:54 pm

I laid still while Coax worked on me. My vision cleared quickly and I finally caught a glimpse of the stranger. A green horse, I thought. Intriguing. I had never seen one in green before. It moved and I saw a flash of wings. A Pegasus. I raised my ears in curiosity. I lifted my head slightly to get a better look at it. A green Pegasus. I nodded with Coax. "Yes stranger," I said quietly, lying my head back down. "What is your name?"
    Evergreen T.
    Evergreen T.
    Newblood

Post by Evergreen T. Tue May 13, 2014 3:04 am

A quiet giggle came from the mare as the other two spoke, making her mood better as well. She once again donned a more serious persona when Coax spoke."Okie-dokie." She lifted the cloth, her ear twitching with the following question. "I'm Evergreen Trail. Though most just call me Evergreen." She smiled a bit, more joy coming into those mint green eyes. "May I know of the duo that I'm talking to?"
    Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Admin

Post by Sylvia Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:57 pm

I cocked an ear to the side and gave a small smile. Quite an interesting character this stranger was. I warmed up to her, getting the idea that she wouldn't harm a fly, except for accidentally hitting it with her tail. "My names Sylvia," I said sitting up. My head cleared and the pain from my wounds was receding enough that I could think clearly. I got on my hands and knees and got slowly to my feet. I stood unsteadily for a second until I got my balance. "So what are you doing here in these parts Evergreen?" I asked, purely out of curiosity. "There's not much to see here, I hope this wasn't your scenic route."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am